Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Average Pinoys + Airplanes = Noise-Canceling Headphones


Summer is just around the corner here in the Philippines and it’s that time again to head to everybody’s uncle Jun or aunt Baby in the US. Plane seats are quickly filling up and not too few mileage points are being quickly converted to upgrade certificates. Would be visitors are getting their yearly dental appointments and their haircuts done. The yearly summer vacation trip to the US is something a lot of us look forward to with glee.

People will never go without ensuring to have with them their "pasalubongs" (i.e. presents).

In my case, I would definitely not forget to bring my Sony noise-canceling headphones for the flight.

Nope, it’s not so that I can get great quality sound for the onboard movies (the airlines take care of that for you unless you fly PAL). It’s for the ever present high decibel voices of some fellow pinoys on board who think they are the only ones on the flight.

Many a tourist trip have I unfortunately been on where the American beside me is quietly reading, the Japanese in front of me is playing his Sony PSP, the Indian across me is writing; and the twenty Pinoys behind us are proving to each other that they can be cast on American Idol or the Last Comic Standing.

(I'm not too concerned about the Chinese except to just be sure to let them off the plane first during disembarking lest you risk getting trampled upon. I never really understood what the rush is all about.)

All I ask is to please pipe down a bit because not all of us want to be on a live "Wowowee" show the entire 12-16 hours flight.



Thanks for visiting! If you like this post, please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS.

No comments: