Monday, February 25, 2008

“Hey Enzo … you make padyak na and make langoy na towards meee-ahh …”


The subject line was a conversation heard from a father speaking to most probably his kid while both of them were in a swimming pool.

What the?!? Dude, that is some screwed up language you got there. As my language professor always says (and I agree) – “If you’re going to speak in English, just use English. If you’re going to speak in Filipino, just use Filipino.”

And since when did “me” become two syllables?

If one hangs out in the quieter and more refined malls in Metro Manila, one has a higher likelihood of chancing upon these creatures of entertainment. That’s okay… I still prefer tranquil establishments over every-hour-played-on-the-mall-speakers' fruit songs.



Thanks for visiting! If you like this post, please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS.

No comments: